IMPALA's European Independent Album of the Year Award is back...
See the complete press release.
Following its successful launch in 2011, the IMPALA European Independent Album of the Year Award is back for its third edition, with voting now taking place on an 18-album shortlist to decide this year’s winner.
This European Mercury-style award celebrates the musical talent and diversity of independent European releases. It promotes exceptional artists and the independent sector alike.
Who will succeed Adele, winner of the 2012 award with her album “21”? The winner will be selected by a jury of IMPALA Board members, who have four weeks to vote.
The nominated albums are (listed in alphabetical order by artist / name of the album / record label):
- Afterhours – Padania (Germi)
- Alt-J – An Awesome Wave (Infectious)
- Compact Disco – Sound Of Our Hearts (CLS)
- Cro – Raop (Chimperator)
- Django Django – Django Django (Because Music)
- El Perro Del Mar – Pale Fire (Ingrid / Memphis Industries)
- Enter Shikari – A Flash Flood of Colour (Ambush Reality)
- First Aid Kit – The Lion's Roar (Wichita)
- Frenkie – Troyanac (Menart)
- John Talabot – ƒIN (Permanent Vacation)
- Jukka Poika – Yhdestä puusta (Suomen Musiikki)
- Kaizers Orchestra – Violeta Violeta Vol. III (Petroleum Records)
- The Kyteman Orchestra – The Kyteman Orchestra (Kytopia)
- Libar – Libar (Menart)
- Netsky – 2 (Hospital Records)
- Norberto Lobo – Mel Azul (Mbari)
- Shaka Ponk – The Geeks and The Jerkin' Socks (Tôt ou Tard / Wagram)
- The xx – Coexist (XL Recordings)